Multiple Monitors on a HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizz.

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
First off I'm new so Hello :)

Anyway I am upgrading my custom built gaming pc (built by myself) heres the spec so far;
AMD FX 4100 OC @4GHz On stock cooler
2GB DDR3 Corsair 1333Mhz RAM
AMD HD 5570 2GB
750watt PSU
1TB HDD
Asus M5A78L-M LX

This plays 99% of the games I throw at it on high settings with good frame rates

But as is common with computers I'm always looking to upgrade, here is what I have in mind so far;
120gb ocz agility 3 SSD, a Power color 6870 1GB, PNY 8GB DDR3 1333MHz ram
My only real worry is will the 6870 support 3
LCD 21.5" 1920x1080 HD Asus monitors
If so, how would I connect them?
I've only used two monitors in the past so this is new ground for me, any help would be great, cheers :)

Nice upgrade options but I would reconsider the 1333 RAM for some 1600 as they are dirt cheap right now. Also, a single 6870 will lag triple 1080p LCDs in Eyefinity. It will support all 3 monitors but if you plan to game with all 3 I would considering something a bit more beefier. You can connect them in 3 digital formats. If you get a Displayport adapter it HAS to be active. You can find them pretty cheap on Newegg.

A 6870 simply doesn't have enough horsepower to push 3x 1080p resultion while gaming. Crossfire 6870s could probably do it, you would have customize the settings from game to game, for example reduce the draw distance, turn down AA, and lower texture quality in some games, like BF3, but in games like the COD series it could run it at Max everything.

If you want to stay with a single card you'd be looking at least at a 7950 to push 3 monitors at HD resolution with playable framerates. A single 7970 still wouldn't be able to Max out BF3 with 3 monitors.

Sent with my Samsung Galaxy SII

Cheers so far people!
How about 2 monitors?

I'm unsure as my budget is more limited than it should be, but hey - times are hard!

I don't think you can game with just 2 monitors? I'm not an ATI guy so I don't know the limits of Eyefinity.

Just to clarify, if you simply want to have 3 monitors hooked up for extra desktop space a single 6870 will do that fine.

A 6870 won't play BF3 on high settings with eyefinity but it will handle less demanding games without a problem. What games do you want to play on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom