Need advice on a gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all,

3.5mm jack or USB? if you have a dedicated soundcard that you like, then 3.5mm jack. Usbs naturally dont use a soundcard and have an onboard card in the headset and the quality isnt always the best.

Second,
you dont need to spend 100 bucks on some mega expensive silly bells and whistles gaming headset. I've been gaming 10 years odd now and i've never needed anything more expensive than £25, its all about comfort and quality and you can get very good products for a very low price.

current Logitech set is crappy- and uses USB- ordered Trotters suggestion for $25 - that goes to the audio headphone Jack - so between being new and not using USB hopefully it will do the job- thanks for the input.

I had the old version of these. the ear cups are so small, they're super uncomfortable for me.

Maybe they changed the design. My ears fit inside of the headphones, with the cushioning material surrounding my ear.
Do you have the Sound Blaster Creative sound card that is recommended for them - or are you just using your MOBO's audio/mic plugs? Do they plug into a USB port?

I have this MOBO: so maybe no sound card is necessary?

I'm using my motherboads sound card. The 800 (the one I linked) uses a microphone and headphone plug, the 1000 model uses USB which provides power and has a sound card built in.
Your motherboad has a built in sound card (Realtek ALC892) and can run just about any headset.
I ordered a sound cad recently, ASUS Xonar DG to see if it will make a noticeable difference with sound. When I get it I will post my findings, or post a review.

Received headset yesterday - plugged it in and played BF3 few a round or 2 and the sound is pretty darn good - especially for the price- did not hook up to teamspeak to see if the mic works well or not yet- hopefully tonight on BF3 we can get tech forums "party" going. Used the headset replaying Mass Effect 1 & 2 to get ready for the new one coming out few a few hours last night= ears got sore. My ears are slightly compressed to get them into the headset- I must have big ears LOL. They felt fine when first putting them on - so it may actually be due to the fact that I am not used to wearing ear phones that long. Although, my expensive audiophile type "cans" do not make my ears sore when watching a movie- but have no mic, and cost me a few bucks, and sound great for movies, music, but no great on positional sound . Will re-post when I have checked out the mic.

i use steelseries siberia v2's - they're incredibly comfortable - almost more comfortable than my pillow.
i've also heard nothing but great things from the corsair headsets, specifically the vengeance 1300 and 1500.

Maybe they changed the design. My ears fit inside of the headphones, with the cushioning material surrounding my ear.
I've got big ears.
for example, IvAIDiR states the Siberia V2's are more comfortable than his or hers pillow, I find the Siberia V2's even more uncomfortable than the Creative set.

i use steelseries siberia v2's - they're incredibly comfortable - almost more comfortable than my pillow.
i've also heard nothing but great things from the corsair headsets, specifically the vengeance 1300 and 1500.

Little late to the game, but I love my Turtle Beach X12's. I have convinced 3 friends to buy these too. IF I had the money I would have got the more expensive wireless ones (the 5.1) but I was at Walmart and in a hurry and didn't wanna drop the extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom