This This A RAM Problem or a Processor Problem?

UltraEd12

Beta member
I have 2 laptops, one is a Dell and the other is a Lenovo Think Pad, and the Lenovo is significantly slower than the Dell. Here are the specs:

Dell Laptop:
Model: Dell Latitude E5500
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7250 @2.00GHz
RAM: 1.95GB

Lenovo Laptop:
Model: Lenovo SL510
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6570 @2.10GHz
RAM: 2.00GB (1.87GB usable)

With the Dell laptop, it can easily run about 6-8 windows at one time, 3 of which usually are Adobe Programs, but with my Lenovo laptop, it can barely run Skype, Chrome and Adobe After Effects with out freezing or significant slow down every once in a while. So for the Lenovo laptop, is this a RAM problem or a Processor problem?

Never used cleanmem.

I think there is something in the background eating your allotted RAM.

As for your CPU, the T7250 is a Wolfdale. The T6570 is an Allendale. The Wolfdale is newer than the latter. So, it can probably pump more power.

So, in theory, it should be your CPU. Possibly could be a RAM issue as well, in that you are running processes in the background, unseen.

Yes adobe is a real annoyance when you don't have much RAM. My school laptops are Dell Latitudes and they run it fine but maybe that's because we packed them with 6 gig of RAM and upgraded their CPU and graphic cards. We striped them and added the newer stuff and they can run adobe photoshop CS5 extended like a breeze with 10+ windows open. Gotta love dell!

Also which one is newer as I can't be bothered to find out myself as I have exams and I have to study however if the lenovo is older then the dell then I think I know what it is. Windows 7 is for newer PC's and it uses much more space and RAM than XP which is why it is slower rather than faster on older PC's

levonos prepackaged software is HUGE check for that too ;) but i like the specs there little brute laptops haha back in the day they were the sh1t

Back
Top Bottom