Dust bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
My buddy and I are having this debate if dust bunnies and the dust that clogs up your heatsink can cause heating problems. Specifically the processor heatsink. I think it does, he thinks it doesn't. What say you?

It does :tongue: Probably a pretty drastic difference if it's a lot of dust, too

Would you watch a TV screen if you put to much crap in front of it? You might be able to see some of it, but it's the same thing... It's not very effective at doing what it's meant to do if it's blocked.

Heatsink pipes disperse heat... if the air flow cannot get to them to cool, them eventually the CPU will shut down (as IT'S supposed to do) from overheating.

You're always right, man.

Dust can trap hot air from escaping the heatsink fins. If there is nowhere to go, it only gets hotter.

Dust acts as insulation on the heatsink, holding in the heat and resisting the cooler air from the fan.

Make your friend put on three sweat suits and then a rain suit, and then make him run a mile in hot weather. That should give him a good idea of how it works

Dust acts as insulation on the heatsink, holding in the heat and resisting the cooler air from the fan.

Make your friend put on three sweat suits and then a rain suit, and then make him run a mile in hot weather. That should give him a good idea of how it works

Lol... I like that one. Maybe I'll say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom