Blue screens.Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yea use Malwarebytes to remove the virus and then MSE for on going protection. If you want to pay I really like ESET NOD32.

I don't think a virus would cause this.. Try reinstalling graphics driver/software, maybe run a sfc /scannow in the CMD prompt, but to me sounds like an issue with your graphics card.

Will re-install drivers soon.

Ran Malwarebytes and found only one thing. It was somekind of a TDU2 game file(Test Drive Unlimited 2). I deleted it. We'll see what happenes.

Also ran the sfc scan and and got no results.

I have the newest graphics drivers downloaded at the moment. Nothing changed.

Now if I think back. I installed new graphics drivers a day or a half before the first BSOD. Can it be true that the new graphics driver is not working correctly?

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me to this point.

Yes see if you do a system restore back a few weeks before you installed the update..

Sometimes a random file or antivirus program may stop something from installing 100%.. Plus a system restore is so simple now adays.

Well this is weird, I can't restore my system back before I installed the new drivers. It only goes back to 23.03 and the problems started some days before that.

Also had a random BSOD when I was at school.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1061

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000001904FB
BCP2: FFFFF8800319A758
BCP3: FFFFF88003199FB0
BCP4: FFFFF88001362A71
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032612-16302-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kasutaja\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34413-0.sysdata.xml

Try this winlogon checker...Its a small file i've created to help me with winlogon issues ( This doesnt mean you use it if windows doesnt start, it only checks if there is more to your startup than meets the eye ) If THIS detects something, just give me the code it kicks out...

Downloadhttp://mariuscomputers.co.za/CheckWinlogon.zip

PS: forgot to mention...This was created with AutoIt...Some anti-virus programs might detect this as a Virus, but it's not...
If your program detects this as a virus, just "temp" disable...:grin:

PS: ive uploaded a "checker"-utility for you...just wait till Admin approves of the file...

99% of the time Blue Screens is one of 2 things....Drivers, or Hardware. Some viruses can actually "embed" their own script to drivers, and also cause BSOD's...

lol...yep...I wrote it to check for DANGEROUS viruses...for normal viruses use your AV
The reason why i use this first, is to determine if any viruses are associated with explorer.exe, as this is usually the virusses/rogueware that gives you the biggest headaches...After this, i usually run the normal AV's ie SuperAntiSpyware, Avast, etc...

Use this utility...It will fix your registry settings if you find a "winlogon" virus ( can also be used to fix explorer, userinit and winlogon.exe infections via a bootable cd ( Live Cd )...Just add it on your live cd.. ( wont work from flash-drive )

Still in "Beta"-form...so please report bugs...
tia

http://mariuscomputers.co.za/Winlogon-Repair.zip

Ok. Unziped the CheckWinlogon and as soon as i double click it a window pops up saying: Virus-Traces in Registry(Error005)!!! After Clicking OK. It says: A possible Virus or Dammaged Registry Key was found due to Infection, Please let a TECH check it out!

So I just run the Winlogon-Repair now?
And by the way.It says that it's for 32-bit(the repairer) but I have a 64-bit system.Still use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom