upgrade win98 to win98se?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abryan

Solid State Member
my current operating system is win98 and I have a win98se cd and my question is can I upgrade from win 98 to win98se and if so how would I do that and is it even worth it?

If you want to create a clean install of win98 se, then u should format your hd, if you want win98 and win98 se then create a partition and install it to that. I don't think win98 se has any more features than win98, I used to have 98se and it still sucked. If you want something good get windows xp or try linux.

abryan,

my current operating system is win98 and I have a win98se cd and my question is can I upgrade from win 98 to win98se and if so how would I do that and is it even worth it?

1) Yes, you can upgrade from windows 98 to windows 98 se.

2) while in windows, just put the cd into your drive, now click setup [or autorun appears] . You will have the option there to select a clean install or upgrade. Click upgrade and go with the installation.

3) Yes, its definetly worth having windows 98se. The best OS MS has released so far after windows XP!.

Sign
Codes:)

abryan said:

it's not worth it, upgrade to 2000

It'z worth it. I upgraded mine a while back from 98 to SE, really improved everthing.

Honestly, I NEVER ran 2000 on any of my home machines (except one old winbook laptop).

NT was crap for home computers.
2000 was too pudgy and fickle for tolerance.
2000pro might have had a chance, but by the time I got around to upgrading, XP had come out and vaporized any chances 2000pro had of being on a home machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom