Screenshot Tutorial

I would add Linux and OS X. But the problem comes in just like you said. There are so many variations of Linux that no way we could cover them all. So which ones would we include and which ones would we not? How do we make such a choice?

I would need someone to do the OS X one with screen shots for me to edit in and give credit to them for it. I dont own any Apple PC's to know how to do it.

Thank to iFargle for posting the OS X guide. I have edited it into the original post and gave credit to him for the information provided. I am making an extra post to point it out since his post is not added to my original post.

so thank you iFargle for the effort to add to the guide. If anyone wants to add the information for another OS that is not listed, create a post with it and I will add it to the original.

There is another way of doing it for Mac OS X(10.6 and later) .

1)Click on the 'Preview'.

step1zy.jpg

2)Click on file and go to 'Take Screen Shot' and select your option.
Once you the Scree shot is taken, the user has the choice of selecting the format and quality. The user then can use any Photo hosting site and upload it on other sites.

This is a great tutorial for new members and for those who aren't tech savy. It's so much easier to diagnose an issue when we can see the screen and what is going on.

Screenshot for Mac OS X:
1) Hold Command +Shift+4, allows you to select the area to capture and saves it.
2)Hold Command+Shift+4, allows you to select the entire window(Not screen.) to capture.

Also can I just add. For windows 7 users and vista as well the snipping tool is similar to grab in OSX but it is far less advanced. Snipping tool can take a full screen snip, a particular window, a rectangle snip (Drawn by you) and a free form snip where you circle what you want to be in the screen shot. Snipping tool can be found by searching in the start menu in the search box just type snipping tool and it should appear :)

Happy snapping :p

Please read Process 2 and the 2 paragraphs that follow. ;)

It is there.

There to make it even easier, I have now added images to go with the words that described the process.

Back
Top Bottom