Build or buy? Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceAnthony

Solid State Member
Decided to build my own, these are my current parts i have chosen. Budget needs to stay from 900-1300 the lower the better but keep in mind i do want it for gaming.

Games i want to play include, Star Wars, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, Civilization, Stronghold, Rift, and any others that get my eye, i want to play on close to the best graphics without it being sluggish.

Crrently need help with a video/sound card! any reccommendations?
Is all of this compatible?
any budget cuts you see will be welcome
All advice much appreciated.

Case-Corsair 600T-159$
Motherboard-
MSI P67AGD55-159$
CPU
- Intel Core i5 2500k-219$
Ram
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB-49.99
Video Card
- EVGA GTX570-289$
SSD
-Corsair Force Series 3 CCSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60gb SATA III Internal Solid State Drive-94$
HDD
-Seagate Barracuda St1000DM003 1Tb 7200 RPM SATA 6.0 GB/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive-114$
PSU-
CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V-109$
DVD-
Lg Dvd Burner-20$
Windows 7 Home Premium-119$

Am i Missing anything that i will need like cables, or programs or anything or does all my equipment come with everything i need?

This is tops a $250 computer... 3 generations old now.

For $1000 you should build. Are you a gamer?

Yes, big time gamer, recently been wanting to get the new Star Wars MMO, and when Diablo 3 is here im going to get into that, getting bored of console gaming so wanting to swap over to pc.

I always opt for build and suggest that. However it depends on you confidence on building. You can always pay someone to do you a custom build if unsure?

yeah paying someone to do custom build for me is always a choice, yet i still have to learn on my own, because im sure this wont be my last build, ive been looking around on the forums trying to get ideas, and learn more before i try to pick out my parts. Its alot to jump into overnight.

Building really isn't as intimidating as your imagination is making it out to be.
Essentially you have 6-7 components that need to plug into the motherboard, and the places they connect are pretty darn obvious.

Here are two guides to give you an idea of whats entailed:
Site Suspended - This site has stepped out for a bit (site is currently down)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

Thank you Roark, ill be sure to watch the video, im slowly thinking i can do this just selecting the parts is what im going through right now. ill be sure to update my first post when i select them.

If you are really concerned about building, there is a site where they pretty much custom make your PC.

CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops

They build beautiful rigs and for a couple of bucks extra they'll wiretie all of the wires together and maximize the airflow in the case.

They also tend to cheap out on things like RAM, GPU Manufacturer, and cooling. You may pay them extra for "Major Brand", but they give you the cheapest stuff they can find, and charge more for it than better stuff you can buy yourself on Newegg.

They also tend to cheap out on things like RAM, GPU Manufacturer, and cooling. You may pay them extra for "Major Brand", but they give you the cheapest stuff they can find, and charge more for it than better stuff you can buy yourself on Newegg.

That is true. When I built a PC through them before I did upgrade most of the manufacturers. The nice thing was that they put it together and wired it for me. I've since built my own and I'll probably keep going that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom