My new rig is done!!!1!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Noctuas covered my i7 2600k plenty fine at 4.2Ghz, and that was with a U12P-SE2 (which I understand performs slightly worse than the true 120)
Also had that same hs on my 920, and man that got pushed and benched with 3dmark at 4.4Ghz

im not looking to corrupt anything this time around... im going to keep it at 4ghz, and cruise. another .2-.4 ghz wont help me at all...

also, 2 fans will make more noise...

2 Noctuas covered my i7 2600k plenty fine at 4.2Ghz, and that was with a U12P-SE2 (which I understand performs slightly worse than the true 120)
Also had that same hs on my 920, and man that got pushed and benched with 3dmark at 4.4Ghz
I'm not saying it wont, but it wont do it that great. 2 Noctuas on my True with the i5 at 4.2gz gave me load temps upwards of 65c.
SB chips run cooler running at the same clocks. With HT on with an i7 I can only imagine the temps being terrible under the True. 2 Noctua fans are barely audible if you have any other kind of fans in your case.

Depends what you mean by terrible temps I guess PP, you're right the older i7s run way hotter than the SB chips though. Under full load at 4.4Ghz, my 920 would reach 85c. That said, I had to bump the vcore a lot to get it from 4.2 to 4.4. At 4.2Ghz it always stayed below 80C

And sean, I agree with PP in that 2 Noctua fans pretty much sounds identical to 1 :p they're awesomely quiet, and should see your load temps drop by another 4-6c.

with the computer setup just like you see in the pictures, my idle temp is 48 and my load is about 76 degrees..

Depends what you mean by terrible temps I guess PP, you're right the older i7s run way hotter than the SB chips though. Under full load at 4.4Ghz, my 920 would reach 85c. That said, I had to bump the vcore a lot to get it from 4.2 to 4.4. At 4.2Ghz it always stayed below 80C

And sean, I agree with PP in that 2 Noctua fans pretty much sounds identical to 1 :p they're awesomely quiet, and should see your load temps drop by another 4-6c.
Man, I'm typically crazy with the temps but I'd never let my CPU load that high 24/7. I think 75c is the highest I ever let my i5 sit before I got too uncomfortable. That being said, against yalls temps at 4.2 I wasn't doing too bad at all with dual Noctua's.

Looks good. Just a thought, would it have given back more space to have gone watercooled? At least for the CPU - especially with sealed units?

ive been looking at the 600t to use in my build and was wondering if you would reccommend it, its my first build and i am unsure on things, plus that wire management is amazing and i like to try and be organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom