In need of some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziospawn

Solid State Member
Hello i was looking to upgrade my computer but i don't know what i should put in it its a custom built pc from a Coworker who i don't have contact with anymore and im lost on upgrading so i wandering if anyone could tell me what i should upgrade if i should even upgrade.
My Pc specs are.
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM - Corsair Dominator 4x2GB

Hard Drive: 2.5 TB Total

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity edition 2GB

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H w/ Radeon HD 4290, DualDDR3 1333, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, USB3.0, 1394, Hybrid CrossFireX, HDMI

Computer Case: Cooler Master 922 HAF

Power Supply :Corsair HX 1000W Modular Power Supply w/ Dual +12V

What do you primarily use it for?

Honestly there isn't much I can see worth upgrading, everything is still quite relevant.

Well just some things are slow on it and i game alot with it i would think i should be able to record my gameplay and live stream my games with no problem but i just cant and some game's are getting slower where i will have to lower my settings on it and so on so i was just looking if it was worth upgrading yet?

About the only thing that will make a large difference in games will be upgrading your GPU to a 6870 or something.

hmmm alright i scanned for viruses i dont have any ill use ccleaner and see what happens

using ccleaner regularly (say weekly) helps out a lot. you can customize it to that it will keep certain cookies (such as tech forums so you dont have to type in your password everytime or other commonly used sites) and other things you dont want cleaned out. I think what may help in your situation will be the registry cleaner. be sure you 'save' all of the things that you delete (perhaps in a reg backup folder in my documents) so in the 1 in gajillion chance that something goes wrong, you can put it back.

thats really not a bad system at all. be sure you have the latest drivers for the gpu directly from the amd site. slowdowns in game streaming may have to do more with your internet speeds and compression settings of your streaming program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom