Need some assistance with my Acer Aspire 3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobby_guy

Baseband Member
Hi everybody this is an old laptop and was wondering on how to fix it or do or is it that is just mess up but when I turn it on the acer logo is too big that it won't fit and on the bottom, it tells me to press <F2> to enter setup but it never does, and I tried the Alt+F10 but nothing happens. So if anybody could tell me whats wrong. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by it won't fit? In CMOS, it's supposed be a very small size. Just expands to your screen size. Might be a loose fitting with the video cable or something.

Have you tried F1 or Delete? While they say F1, there is usually an alternative. If you know how to take the keyboard out, I would make sure the keyboard cable is connected well. Might just be that the keyboard is bad. Also might want to check with an external USB keyboard, see if it works fine.

What do you mean by it won't fit? In CMOS, it's supposed be a very small size. Just expands to your screen size. Might be a loose fitting with the video cable or something.

Have you tried F1 or Delete? While they say F1, there is usually an alternative. If you know how to take the keyboard out, I would make sure the keyboard cable is connected well. Might just be that the keyboard is bad. Also might want to check with an external USB keyboard, see if it works fine.

I wouldn't want to open the laptop but I would say the keyboard works cause it only gives me the opinion to choose a button and that is the F2 and when I press it it works but it just stay in waiting mode, and about the acer logo not sure how to describe it but it has a white back ground with the blue letter and I could only see the ace in the bottom right but in big size.

Can you get a picture of it? Does it ever go into Windows? What happens when you press escape? Should bring POST text up, not the Acer picture.

Try using an external keyboard as I said above.

Can you get a picture of it? Does it ever go into Windows? What happens when you press escape? Should bring POST text up, not the Acer picture.

Try using an external keyboard as I said above.

Hello, and being busy but I just started trying to do something and put the recovery disc and was able to restart everything, but thank you for your help. Wait I don't know if you know what could be wrong with my desktop is a Dell Optiplex GX 260 running window xp sp 3 and just recently started being slow and I deleted the temporary files did the disk clean up but its still slow, and never had that problem before. Well thank you for your help again MindoverMaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom