new to water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

highelve0065

Baseband Member
hey guys.
Its been a while since iv done anything to my pc and i would really like to get into water cooling and ocing. iv been readon online for about 1 month now and have read and watched many review on products and how to guides, but nothing beets asking fellow pc enthusiast what they think. my proposed loop is a simple single cpu and gpu loop. The flow with start at the res and go directly to the pump which will then feed into the rad after which it will go to the cpu and gpu then back to the res. what do you guys think.

here are a list of the parts and coolant that i will be using, my colour theme is blue and that is what the rest of my case lights are.

EK-FC570/580 GTX+ for Nvidia GTX 570/580 Reference Design - Acetal

EK-Supreme HF High Flow CPU Water Block

Swiftech MCP655-B Special Edition 12 VDC Pump Without Speed Controller

Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 480 Highest Performance Radiator

EK-BAY SINGLE RES - Black Acetal

Bitspower Premium G1/4" Black Matte High Flow 1/2"ID (5/8" OD) Compression Fitting

Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Triple Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting-ID 1/2" OD 5/8

Bitspower Premium 1" Version Black Matte D-Plug Set

[h=1]Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Blue[/h]
Koolance Liquid Coolant Bottle, 700mL Fluorescent Blue

i guess the two main concerns that i have is 1 will my rad be enough to cool my i5 2500k and a gtx570 or should i do two separate loops and would it be worth me getting two pumps with a dual pump top or would that just be overkill?

thanks in advance guys

With compression fittings ID and OD of tubing and fittings must match, otherwise everything looks fine.

i had my loop like this:

Res>pump>Rad>CPU>GPU>Res

it doesnt really matter, as long as the res is above ( higher than ) the pump. just do the shortest amount of tubing.

I hope you are going to use some form of metal mounting as I would be afraid of the weight snapping a plastic mount box.

Since you have a big case already, have you considered the Antec 1200? If you use no drives in the drive bay you can easily fit a 120.4 in the front part of the case.

i intend to use 1 or maybe even two of these, Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-Release BKT-HX001, to mount my rad to the back, i have heard very good things about people doing it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom