Help choosing laptop

biscuits

Beta member
I'm going to university next year and will be going into civil engineering. The main thing i'm looking in a laptop is long battery and for it to be fast and have the capability to run engineering programs such as auto Cad and 3d design programs. I have narrowed it down to 3 laptops and need help choosing
1) Lenovo W520
Lenovo - Shopping cart
2) Samsung NP700
Samsung NP700Z5A-S03CA Intel Core i7 2675QM 8GB 750GB 15.6in Radeon 6750M W7HP Notebook - Samsung - NP700Z5A-S03CA
3) Sony F series 3D
http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666386652&categoryId=8198552921644771498 with i7 2670 processor and 8gb ram

or any laptop you can reccommend with 4+ hours battery, 6gb+ ram, i7 quad core, ok graphics card for 3d design programs no gaming though

I would say the w520, Lenovo makes a great laptop. The only thing is it doesn't have the extra number keypad on the right hand side of the keyboard. You may want to search around for one that does, or just pick up a USB one. Going Engineering, you'll appreciate having that with all of the math equations and number crunching you'll be using this machine for. The Samsung is a nice looking machine, but it got terrible reviews as far as battery life goes. The Sony is a nice laptop too, and the screen is 3D, will you really need that though?

The W520 has gotten rave reviews and has a great battery life.

check out ibuypower battalion laptops, probably not great battery life compared to some of the others listed, but its wicked performance per buck. Or just wait until the day you start, buy the best tablet out, and then you can always plug it into other peoples laptops

Maybe if battery power is a big issue, check out extended batteries online and see if it comes in the laptop you are looking for. You can get them with more cells, which will stick out the back of your laptop, but can double the life.

I3 sucks sorry but it does it's 1 core higher than intel core duo and that really sucks trust me I know. I would go with a dell latitude their fast have a fair amount of RAM and have good speed as long as you treat it well it'll do you fine!

Back
Top Bottom