HAF-X 942 Case Fan Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I am planning on replacing the stock fans that come with my Cooler Master HAF-X 942 Case. I've been in the great debate what color LED fan I wanted to go with and finally have decided on green. However, Cooler Master, as far as I can tell, doesn't make any green LED case fans. I've only ever seen red and blue.

The fans I'll be replacing/upgrading are the two on the top (200x30mm), one rear (140x25mm), one on the side (200x30mm), and one on the front (230x30mm).

So I went searching around and finally found a brand called Bit Fenix that makes green LED fans in all the sizes I need. Well at least pretty close to the size I need. The 230mm and 140mm size fans are both the correct depth (230x30mm & 140x25mm). However, the 200mm ones are actually 200x20mm NOT 200x30mm.

Anyways, I ended up e-mailing Cooler Master to ask if that size would still fit and they replied telling me that as long as they were the "MegaFlow" type made by them than they'd be fine. Otherwise, they might not line up properly.

So my question is has anyone ever installed fans that weren't Cooler Master into a HAF-X 942 case and were there any problems with the fitting? Also, has anyone by any chance ever installed the Bit Fenix brand into a HAF-X or any Cooler Master case? Lastly, even if no one has installed one into a Cooler Master case has anyone ever used them before and are they any good?

I think that is it.

Thanks all.

I have a 922, never really bothered with the fans. But it should be the same size as other 200/230mm, they should fit.

IIRC, their "MegaFlow" aren't any different in size. I think it just meant the fan rpm.

I have a 922, never really bothered with the fans. But it should be the same size as other 200/230mm, they should fit.

IIRC, their "MegaFlow" aren't any different in size. I think it just meant the fan rpm.

Well the way they made it sound or how they implied it I guess is that basically the screw holes wouldn't line-up properly. However, if they meant RPM how would that make a difference whether or not they fit?

I mean my feeling is that they just wanted me to buy from them not another company basically.

Marketing, salesmanship. They want you to buy their product. Not some other 3rd party. I doubt they are proprietary fans.

I never heard of that name of fans, but I have bought a few things from Performance-PCs. It was on one of Slaymate's lists for modding parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom