OC cpu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I've got a 3.0 runnin at 3.23 and was looking at SiSoft Sandra and saw this-

untitled.jpg

would this be the max I am able to push my cpu??

Next time just edit this post instead of double posting.. use the img tags to post a linked picture. you put the letters img in these brackets [] and then of course do a closing bracket.

- Nubius

No it's telling you that's what it's running at or atleast that's what SiSoftware sandra is telling you you are clocked at. Your max is when you can't get your system to function stable

No, SiSandra is reporting to you what the Micro Code in the CPU designates that chip as. It's telling you that's what that chip is, not what it's running at.

then why does it say 3ghz(model) and then 3.30(speed) ghz? why would speed be different than chip if its "not what its running at"? and why would sisandra report 3.30 ghz when he is running 3.2 overclocked?

Ok, Sisandra is reporting that it IS a 3.0Ghz chip.. However it is incorrectly reporting the speed. Could be a bug. I am not sure.

One thing I can think of... If the chip is running @ 2.26Ghz or something as such, Sisandra is rounding up.

or perhaps some setting in your bios is rounding up have you run cpuid? find out if perhaps for some reason your bios is bringing you up to 3ghz. and thank you for being a sane person chaosblizzard, and im being sincere.

No, I have never seen a CPU run at the speed it is labeled as. For example my 1.0Ghz P3's run at 998.8MHz. I would assume the same for any chip. WCPUID should show you what it is really running at.

normally that is because the fsb fluctuates... but enough to up it to 3.30ghz? i think something else is going on

No it's not because the FSB fluctuates, not to any degree that will show up in software.. For example, 7.5X133=997.5, not 1000 as the chip is labeled. The chips are off in WCPUID because the way the system math comes out, BUS(Multiplier) = Core Speed. I don't think it's ever a round number.

it could be a round number, but as i said the FSB does fluctuate, and it has shown up in cpuid on 3 computers i have run it on, so apparently the laws of nature dont apply here in indiana, my apologies oh holy one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom