Adding SSD and keeping Hidden Partion

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
I'm thinking of getting an SSD for my 8930G. What I want to do is put the C drive on the SSD, and keep the D and E (recovery) still on the regular drive.

The 8930 has 2 HD spots. But I can't find anything on how to do it.

Any help?

Can't you do that with Clonezilla? Unless it doesn't do multiple partitions as one drive. Only thing I can think of.

Yes you do, when you install windows you have the option to choose which drive you put it on and you can also partition drives accordingly however if you want to put the windows on a seperate drive eg: External Drive then the performance will be much slower! So it's not recommended to put windows on an external drive however if you want security of your windows why not encrypt the data with Truecrypt? This is their website: TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux it's a free download AND they have a max encryption level of 768 bits!!

I just did this. Actually it was the second time as I went from a Kingston 120 GB SSD to a OCZ 240 GB SSD. When I purchased the Kingston I got the Kit which included a case with a USB connector and a copy of Acronis True Image. Acronis is HD disk imaging software used to clone drives. It took about 45 minutes to clone the drive when I connected the new drive it worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom