New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't buy yet. I found this laptop HP Pavilion G6-1230ee
Its GPU as far as notebookcheck.net says, is actually better than GT 540M. Its problem is the CPU. Is that CPU that bad? Will it like bottleneck the laptop during gaming?
Thank you all so far for the help.

I'd stay clear of HP, IMO. There are greater systems out there.

According to notebookcheck, the 540m is at 106, While the 6510 is at 193. Lower the number, better the performance.

I'd stick with that Acer.

Don't bump the thread, it's against the forum rules you agreed to by signing up.

Announcements - Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback

I'd stay clear of HP, IMO. There are greater systems out there.

According to notebookcheck, the 540m is at 106, While the 6510 is at 193. Lower the number, better the performance.

I'd stick with that Acer.

This. Although I don't particularly care for Acer, that model is better than the HP the OP listed.

Actually, TJ, a bump is allowed after a 24-hour period. But as not that many come here, it doesn't really do all that much.

Acer is actually better then they were in the past. They used to have really flimsy parts. But nowadays, they have awesome systems. Not necessarily high class, but they are making progress.

Actually, TJ, a bump is allowed after a 24-hour period. But as not that many come here, it doesn't really do all that much.

Acer is actually better then they were in the past. They used to have really flimsy parts. But nowadays, they have awesome systems. Not necessarily high class, but they are making progress.

Still annoys the crap out of me to see bumps. :tongue: And I have no doubt Acer is getting better, their new Ultrabook with dedicated Keplar GPU looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom