2 GB RAM vs. 1GB Dual Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I have recently discovered that my motherboard supports up to 4 gb RAM, and on top of that it also supports dual channel. I new about the dual channel when I bought it, but I didnt care much about it. But now I do. Come to find out about the 4gb cap on memory for my motherboard (I originally thought it was 2) I went out and bought another gig of RAM. However, I bought a kit, with 2 matched sticks, incase I wanted to use the dual channel. My question: Will I get better performance from my machine with 2 gigs of RAM, or with 1 gig in dual channel setup? They both sound really good, but I want to know which is better. I would have 2 gb of dual channel, but for one thing I couldn afford another 2 matched sticks, and all my sticks currently in my computer are different. So which would be better? 2 gb RAM or 1 gb RAM in dual channel? This is prolly a pretty easy question, but unfortunetely I am not completely up to date on all of the new technologies.

Shoobie, no need to be so contemptuous of me. I did not know it was posted already, no need to sound so ego-tistic.I asked a question, a very simple one in fact, and all I needed was an answer. Not a remark that left me hanging. This is a LEARNING place, not a place to be so condascending to people. Please dont be like that, and next time this happens be a little more polite. Maybe people will like you a little more.

Odd Couple?

Him said:
Shoobie, no need to be so contemptuous of me. I did not know it was posted already, no need to sound so ego-tistic.I asked a question, a very simple one in fact, and all I needed was an answer. Not a remark that left me hanging. This is a LEARNING place, not a place to be so condascending to people. Please dont be like that, and next time this happens be a little more polite. Maybe people will like you a little more.

damn, you guys sound like you're married or something :D

is it actually twice as fast? ive always heard the figure 50% increase in RAM performance... anyone got a link to some more info on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom