Memory Test-86 v3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

In Runtime
I downloaded memtest-86 v3.2, burned a CD from the iso file and booted from the cd ok. Memtest runs up to the L2 cache and then hangs there. Memtest computes the system speed a little off and indicates ddr398, not ddr400 as it should be. Running the Intel Processor Freq ID Utility shows I have a CPU freq of 2.80 ghz and the system buss running at 800mhz. BIOS shows a system buss of 800mhz with memory speed of 400mhz running in dual channel mode.
My question is has anyone made a bootable cd as I have from the downloaded memtest-86 iso file?? Has it ran OK??? I see many times suggestions for people to run memtest-86, what form has anyone downloaded and run the test and which version. In other words has it run from DOS or windows ??? Thanks for any information you may provide.

Maybe I will have to go with a bootable floppy with memtest on it. I read of your memory error following some number of pass counts. You should not see memory errors. I have developed memory tests for testing special boards and we ran tests for say a weekend to make sure the boards were ok. Record the errors you see on the tests, over time you may be able to pin down where it is. Sometimes you may get a drop in line voltage to your house, that sort of thing and it can crash the machine or make it look like you have problems. Memory errors can simply be because of heat combined with certain tests. So recording errors with the failing test will help to pin point it. Just my opinion, hope this helps you to understand memory fail.

well I got memtest86+ 1.27 I think and I just burned it on a CD, works fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom