XP Pro, or XP Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if there would be a benefit by spending the extra $100 on getting XP Professional, or is Windows XP Home fine, and I won't be on a huge network or anything, so which?
Thanks in advance
Yan

If you're concerned about assigning specific rights and priviledges to different users, then get XP Pro. The other advantage to Pro deals with networking. Otherwise, get XP Home and save your money.

I use Pro because I like the customizability of it, most of which comes with gpedit.msc. However, home is not bad, and if you don't need the networking features or the customizability, then do save your money.

Get Pro. Not only is it better and fully featured, but MS is discontinuing support for Home, soon.

YanBooth said:
I was wondering if there would be a benefit by spending the extra $100 on getting XP Professional, or is Windows XP Home fine, and I won't be on a huge network or anything, so which?
Thanks in advance
Yan

get 2000 pro, just my opinion

If yo got the dough $$$, sure, go ahead get PRO. 2000 costs just as much and not as good, plus it doesn't really run any cool games, and has compapility with some vid. cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom