Always the RAM eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
Heyaaa

In the wake of ME3 coming i decided to try to see if my ram was bottlenecking my cpu/periperhals.

i have the MOBO MSI K9 neo V3, supports dual channel.

I have 2 sticks of 2x 2gig OCz reaper, 667 and 2 sticks of 1gig ocz gold 667.

i've looked at the mobo manual and it mentions dual channel briefly without telling you how to place the RAM.

4 DIMM slots, colour coded green orange green orange. up til now ive had the 2 reaper series in slots 1 and 3 which work perfectly - added the gold stuff to 2 and 4.

in this set up 2 and 4 dont respond, no beeps just says i only have 4 gig installed.

putting the two reapers in slots 1 and 2, with the rest in 3 and 4 computer doesnt boot.

however.... reaper in slots 2 and 4 work fine and the mobo picks up RAM from only one of the gold sticks :/ to make 5gig.

All Ram works, singly and on their own. any ideas?

edit:

after further investigation i found that DIMM01 was now not responding, no dust, no bent pins which seems to be why the other stick isnt coming up.

but the slot worked fine about an hour ago....

any ideas?

Some boards of recent do not like all 4 slots filled. I noticed this myself. But same as I, it worked just fine for a time. I would buy just a 2 x 4GB set.

the first dimm slot wont work at all now lol its weird as :/ even when i crank it out and just throw two in channel 1 and 3, like i had before

If your dimm slots go out any time soon, call MSI between monday through thursday and ask for tier 2 tech support.
They'll probably have you ship it to them, and do a rma repair.
Bewarned though you will probably have to wait 2 weeks or 3 weeks like I did.
Have your sanity ready, if you have no other computer around.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom