ACER Aspire 5740G Windows 7 Keyboard Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auscros1984

Beta member
Hi all,

I searched through the forums and have done countless google searches but can't find anything that resolves my problem.

Have the above laptop, about 2 or so years old now and the keyboard suddenly died on me a few days ago. I don't know much about computers but I removed the battery and still no keyboard. Touchpad/mouse works fine - no issues there.

Ran all sorts of virus scans - nothing. Formatted the laptop - still no keyboard.

Could it still be the battery or do you think the keyboard needs a replace?

Cheers in advance for your help!

Odds are the keyboard died. It happens. usually it is something like some spilled water/coffee/soda, but not always.

Keyboards are usually cheap. I order mine through eBay shops and they run around $15 each, and they are fairly easy to swap out. Hit up YouTube and search for videos on replacing the keyboard on your specific model.

Thanks for your responses. I've ordered a new keyboard.

I should have also mentioned in my post that an external keyboard worked.

Thanks for your responses. I've ordered a new keyboard.

I should have also mentioned in my post that an external keyboard worked.

Your welcome. Be sure to post back with your results of how the replacement works out.
If you are new to this, take pictures of the process for your own purposes in case you have a problem putting it back together, or knock a cable loose on accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom