RAM Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
That. try different slots, single sticks, etc. You did none of this. You just ran memtest, and if it sees 4GB, it's a hardware failure.

actually your wrong. If you had actually read the messages instead of skipping to the last one you would have realized that I said I had moved the RAM around, used single sticks, and even a different set of RAM. Try reading my responses to the advice before you accuse me of ignoring the advice.

You never said you used single sticks. If one of your slots was bad, the one stick of RAM can test each slot. To see if the system starts up.

Don't get short with us, we are just trying to help you. And this is not a one-shot solution.

I did. I guess I forgot the write it. Each stick is fine and each slot is fine. I just decided to RMA the whole thing back to Newegg. Hopefully the next board wont have the same issues.

Rarely the board these days that have issues with RAM, it's making sure your memory can be powered and used by your memory controller, which is in your CPU. Motherboards just provide the slot, and path to the CPU along with voltage, nothing more these days with it comes to the basics of how a motherboard it self handles RAM.

What are your system specs exactly? I remember us having a member here recently that had memory that was compatible with his board, but due to CPU limitations with all the modules he had, his system was acting strange. BTW, if you are using integrated video, it will mark a certain amount of your RAM as video memory, some systems do set amounts, some systems are percentage based.

I suggest putting your most recent system specs in your signature, or when asking for assistance, list all your system specs, model numbers of everything and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom