Windows XP 64bit edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the more bit of a processor, it can access more RAM memory.right?
thus, 64-bit can actually access 64GB of RAM, but this is totally amazing

no, 64bit CPU can access 16TB of RAM... they still need to build RAM modules that big and mobo's wich support them.

yes, about 16TB of RAM. modern 32bit CPU's can only adress 64gigs, older CPU's than Pentium Pro can only adress 4gigs, u need a special server OS to adress 64gigs though... windows does not support it as far as I know.

What you specify here is the virtual memory. But the 'main memory'[ram] access is 4GB for 32 bit and 1 TB for 64 BIT

Sign
codes:)

physical memory = main memory = RAM.

A 32 bit cpu can address only 2^32 = 4 GB of main memory and 64 GB of virtual memory

a 64 bit cpu can address 2^64 Bytes of main memory and i guess 16 TB[not sure:rolleyes:] of virtual memory.

sign
codes:)

hmm, I think the virtual memory is unlimited :/
Depends on the OS. XP-Pro has no limits. 98SE had a ceiling cap, as did NT and ME. I Think XP-Home has a VM cap, too.

Microsoft offers this free if youre privliged enough to have a supporting processor(I dont)
I don't have a 64bit, but I could. I chose not to. And I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't get my great home PC stuff because I'm some kind of pansy-a$s "privileged" guy. I worked my fk'n @ss off for the stuff. Not many people can just randomly throw $2000, $3000, $5000 at a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom