Computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrafiq-

Beta member
my motherboard is a asus k8v se deluxe which very old and whenever i try to install a new os which is winxp i get a BSOD saying [h=1]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/h]please help me btw the boot logo takes a while to show up

What is the rest of your system? That BSOD error tells us very little. What is the stop code? "Stop: 0x00000##"

What is the rest of your system? That BSOD error tells us very little. What is the stop code? "Stop: 0x00000##"
i have 2 gb of ddr1 ram. 2 are 512mb and 1 is 1gb. the stop error codes are: 0x000000d1 (0x00449c27,0x00000005, 0x00000001, 0xf72ec70e) it also says 'apapi.sys - Address F72ec70e base at F72ea000, DateStamp 4802539d)' i called in a guy he says it might be the RAM but i dont think he is legit/qualified (found him on gumtree ad). i can make a quick video of my problem for you? if you help me ill give £15 (im only 15 lol) thanks for listening

Can you reset all the BIOS settings to default, or maybe auto. I would also try if possible, a single stick of RAM at a time. Also, make sure the RAM is matched if required, mismatched stick occupying a set will create problems.

We are but volunteers. We take no pride in money.

Get and run memtest Run at least 2 passes. Any errors, you have bad RAM. As to witch stick is bad, try testing each stick one at a time.

Oh, and always check the simple, most obvious first, make sure the sticks are seated properly.

And, yes, be very careful who you give your hard earned money to, this should be something you can tackle.

I think most people on forums like this one volunteer because they like to help, so keep your money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom