New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you mate, but my budget won't allow me to buy such a laptop. Besides, 17'' is somewhat big.
So, the Acer Aspire 5742g, Dell inspiron n5110 and HP Probook 4530s are cheap economy laptops and will heat up a lot?
Thanks for the help.

Thank you mate, but my budget won't allow me to buy such a laptop. Besides, 17'' is somewhat big.
So, the Acer Aspire 5742g, Dell inspiron n5110 and HP Probook 4530s are cheap economy laptops and will heat up a lot?
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, if you're gaming on those laptops, they will heat up and most likely freeze up. But of those three, I would go with the Acer. Dell and HP are brands to avoid, IMHO.

I ran Linx on my new Acer laptop last night. Ran for 20 passes. Temperatures never raised above 75C according to HWMonitor. And I feel the bottom. It's like luke warm. Not as hot as my ASUS would get. And I had no cooling pad.

Well is there a single gaming laptop within my budget that won't heat up?
Also there's a little problem with Acer Aspire 5742g, it only has GT 540M Gfx with no integrated graphics to switch to to save battery life. Will that have a strong impact on battery life?
Thanks for all the help so far.

Are Lenovo laptops of high quality? I found lenovo Z570, which seems to be a good laptop, with a GT 520M and an i5 processor. What do you think of it?

IMHO, Lenovos are not gaming laptops. They are pwerhouses, yes, but more towards CAD and other beefy software. From what I know.

@MoM : So, what do you mean by they aren't gaming laptops? The specs of that laptop aren't bad. Do you mean that its cooling isn't good enough?

@MoM : So, what do you mean by they aren't gaming laptops? The specs of that laptop aren't bad. Do you mean that its cooling isn't good enough?

Answering for MoM, they are not gaming laptops. No, the specs aren't bad, but they don't have dedicated GPU's. They use the HD 3000 integrated graphics. MoM, the Z570 isn't a CAD/Performance laptop, but it isn't a gaming laptop either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom