Looking for a nice LCD monitor (Display port)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
Looking for a monitor around 20" which has a display port connection. I want it to connect to my laptop as a secondary display. I am based in London so would like a UK power plug. Any suggestions?

Thanks

What is your model number?

Some Thinkpad models do have displayport, my x220 has one.

The only monitors I know of that usually have displayports are Dell's Ultraharp models but they aren't available on your budget. Your best is probably picking up a standard monitor with a DVI input and using one of these adapters. I've used one of those adapters for more than a year now and never had any issues with it.

Sapphire 44000-02-40R Active Display Port DVI Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Is there a nice website like newegg for the UK?

It'd be nice to look at a collection.

Thanks

So, are display port monitors rare? is it for an extremely good quality display?

Why don't I buy just a vga monitor since I'd be converting DVI (digital) into VGA anyways if I use an adapter?

So, are display port monitors rare? is it for an extremely good quality display?

Why don't I buy just a vga monitor since I'd be converting DVI (digital) into VGA anyways if I use an adapter?

Semi-rare, yes. They are out there but they are few and far between mainly due to their higher price.

From what I have seen all display port monitors are upper middle to top end, so yes.

most monitors now have both DVI and VGA inputs (unless you go with the cheapest one you can find). You should be good either way.

You could go for the Dell P2210, It's probably right in that price range - 22 inches and DisplayPort. I have one and it performs admirably. Here's a list of some other DisplayPort monitors as well. If you have a little extra you could also go with the Asus VE248Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom