New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they say they complain about overheating with gaming, should that occur? Even tho it's equipped with A GT 525M which I think is a gaming graphics card?
And in case you didn't see my latest edit, what do you think of HP Probook 4530S?
Thank you and sorry for many questions.

Well, no matter how powerful your GFX is, cooling is mostly needed. When you play an intensive game on a desktop, yes, it heats up, but you have several fans plus a lot of space for that heat to go. In a laptop, not so. About all you have is the side vents. That's how they overheat.

I stay away from HP. I think their DV6 models are dead now, but those were the worst. I just stay away from them, knowing the problems they had prior. Acer, Toshiba, ASUS, even Dell are better than HP/Compaq

Hey, no problem. I'd rather you'd ask me questions than get a product you can't live with.

You said " even Dell ", is Dell really that bad in quality?
I assume from the info I know that an i5 will generate less heat than the i7, thus an inspiron with an i5 is better?
Also, if almost all laptops overheat, how do people game on laptops and keep it from overheating?

I do not deal with them 90% of the time unless the buyer is very specific. I go with other manufacturers before I touch Dell.

well, of course, but your CPU isn't your only factor in gaming. CPU, GFX, RAM.

Laptops are not made for intensive gaming. Medium settings at best. The ~$1500+ systems are called "gaming systems" only because they have a bigger case, more room for heat to dissipate. But at that price, you can get a badass desktop and a netbook for the price.

Is the GF 315 laptop graphics card good or it's bad? I came across Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME and it doesn't seem bad except for GPU.
Are HP laptops really bad? Because I didn't find many threads on HP Probook 4530s overheating ( unlike n5110 and n5010 ) which is good as its GPU is good ( HD Radeon 6490, that's good right? ).
Yeah, I'm not really willing to spend that much on a gaming laptop, when I can get a PC much more powerful at same price, or get a bit weaker PC and get a medium cheap laptop for portability stuff.
Thanks.

Between the Dell, Acer, and HP?

I'd get the Acer, then the Dell, on last resort, the HP. Just how I ride. You can ask for a cab anytime. :lol:

What does " ask for a cap " mean :p?
I might as well go with the dell. Just two questions :
1)Should I go with i5 or the i7? The price isn't very big in difference as there's a special offer on the i7 one on the website I will possibly order from.
2)Will turning off turboboost affect performance much? It seems like during gaming I should turn it off to prevent overheating, which will be no biggy since the processors seem good enough even without turbo boost.
Thanks mate, you've been of great help :D.

That's "cab". That's "how I ride" If you don't like the way I drive, get a cab.

1. I'd recommend the i5. The i7 is just bragging rights. And you won't get much performance over it.

2. I do not recommend trying to OC it in any way. Software or otherwise. All it does is cause your CPU to work harder, causing an overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom