Hello.. New here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwoman911

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

I live in NC and work for a software company. I am pretty computer savvy about some things, however, I am really stumped when it comes to Administrative rights, UAC settings, and most security settings set on IE. Hence, why I am here.. I require some assistance. Funny thing.. I studied IT/Networking, for 1 year along time ago, and I have no clue what to do when it comes to basic OS functionality pertaining to security. Hopefully I will be able to get assistance and learn while I am here too. :grin:

Thanks in advance.

I get rid of UAC by using the hidden administrator account, but that's just me. If I had to approve everything I got to do I would throw my computer through a wall.

To active/unhide said account, run a command prompt as administrator and put it "net user administrator /active:yes" without quotes. Log off your account and into the administrator account. I normally do this first thing after installing Win7 and immediately delete the original account and just rename the administrator account. Just note that this removes a level of potential security from Windows.

Welcome to the forums.

Trotter, is their any more Reading on the subject you've mentiond. Mite be something here on the Forums, I've never looked but it sounds interesting to know and learn.

:D

I get rid of UAC by using the hidden administrator account, but that's just me. If I had to approve everything I got to do I would throw my computer through a wall.

To active/unhide said account, run a command prompt as administrator and put it "net user administrator /active:yes" without quotes. Log off your account and into the administrator account. I normally do this first thing after installing Win7 and immediately delete the original account and just rename the administrator account. Just note that this removes a level of potential security from Windows.

Oh and thanks for this too.. but I really don't want to on the "Administrator" account just because I am worried about the security risks you mention. There has to be another way... I am assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom