Successful Upgrade. More Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch. Its in now. Cables are organized and threaded through the side of the case but the cables are too thick to put the side back on. Would it be bad to just leave that side off and close up the rest of the computer? or should I try and find a way to rearrange them so I can close both sides?

I'd rearrange them, try and get them so they're only 1 cable deep not riding on top of one another.

You get your RAM issue figured out?

Wow, top mounted PSU, eh? And that CPU fan... What were the specs of this rig again? :wink:

By the way, I don't know how you did it, but the cable management is better than mine! Congrats on the new build man.

I'd rearrange them, try and get them so they're only 1 cable deep not riding on top of one another.

You get your RAM issue figured out?

Not really lol I reseated the RAM and it says that I have 8 installed but only 4 are available for use... I am puzzled

Wow, top mounted PSU, eh? And that CPU fan... What were the specs of this rig again? :wink:

By the way, I don't know how you did it, but the cable management is better than mine! Congrats on the new build man.

Whats so special about the CPU fan?? lol

Specs are nothing special:

Phenom II X4 960T @ stock
8 Gigs G.Skills @ 1600
XFX 6870 @ stock
Asus Board i dont remember exactly which one.
Antec 520 (i believe) PSU

If its showing 8 but only 4 is available my first guess would be you accidentally got Win7 32-bit.
Although that would only show 3.5 available...

Post up in in the hardware troubleshooting section, someone should give you steps to run Memtest.

Congrats on your new build.

Your cables looks so much better now.

Hopefully you will get your ram problem figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom