apu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbuilder

Baseband Member
I just bought an amd a4 Apu for a build for my mom and I saw that it had a some radeon graphics card built in. So does that Apu actually have the performance of a normal CPU AND a radeon 6450?

If you're asking if it has good CPU performance, and good GPU performance, the answer depends on your application. Since it's for your mom, and you built it with an APU, I'm assuming it's only seeing basic usage. For that, the A4 will do fine. If she's doing anything CPU stressful though, the A4 may struggle, as it isn't the best CPU out there, and it's only a dual core. She can forget playing games with it though, as the A4's have a 6410 GPU on die, from what I've seen. Even if your model has the 6450, it still won't be capable of playing games. IMHO, you could have went with a MUCH better CPU, even for a cheap build.

I know what you mean but it is going to be used for her catering business so like word and mail and stuff. Also I would have got a better CPU but I got everything for about 315$ so…
And what do you mean forget playing games? I can play most games on my laptop with integrated graphics or are you talking about stuff like skyrim and more graphics intense stuff, not that it matters to her. What do you mean it's on die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom