A Quieter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Roark,

im getting my 600T in a few days, ill let you know how quiet it is once i move everything into it. i am going for complete silence with my new build. on my sig rig i had 14 fans in my computer, it was loud as hell. in this build im only using 4 case fans and then 2 fans on the cooler, and all the case fans are going to be 200mm fans, they move the same amount of air but spin at about 800-1000rpm, so they are super quiet. and all my fans are going to be on the integrated fan controller thats built into the case. so ill be able to control the speed of all the fans, for performance when im gaming, or silence when im browsing these fine forums. Im also going to be putting Sound absorbing material on any surface i can, going to be suspending the hard drives, so there is no vibrations, and eventually im just going to have a SSD internal and everything else on my 4tb external HDD. im probably going to go with a 7950CF setup, so at idle the GPU fans will turn off. this build is going to be pretty quiet, ill defiantly let you know what i did and how everything turns out when im done.

i am looking to buy an A70, so if you want to sell it PM me :heart:

Yeah if the 600T is quiet I'd jump on it in a heartbeat, feel like the mesh side panel would just leak noise though.
Give us a good review and pics when you're done, or just PM me and leave these other peasants in the dark.

Sorry, A70 is staying in this rig, selling it OC'd stable for a small premium, plus I have no idea where the stock cooler is.

i called corsair and they sent me a new pannel. so i have 2 pannels, one completely solid, one with a window, or i could take the window out and put in mesh. im going to try just the solid pannel first and see how my temps are ( and noise), if temps are too high ill put the other side pannel on with mesh and a 200mm fan.

If temps are fine with the solid I fully expect you to be using the windowed panel so you can see all the sexy inside.
Part of the reason I am drawn to the Silverstone Kublai, nothing like looking over and saying "yeah, I did all that".

You putting your sig rig in there?
What are temps on your CPU currently? I've heard AMD has a lower threshold than Intel by ~10c.

no, i have a i7 920 now. i should delete my sig, i sold that rig a while back. b1gapal did such a good job on it tho, haha i dont want to take it down. im having him make another one for my new build.

ill probably stick with the solid side pannel if the temps are fine, number one so i can put sound absorbing material across the whole thing, and cause my motherboard has like a million lights on it, im going for complete stealth and silence with this computer, and all those lights annoy me.

I built my current PC (a long time ago) for quietness. Here's what I bought.
Antec SOLO
Enermax 425W PSU
Noctua fan for a Xigmatek HS
Scythe fan for the case
Akasa foam
Thermalright GPU cooler

Overall I am very happy with it.

Here's what I bought.
Noctua fan for a Xigmatek HS
Scythe fan for the case
Thermalright GPU cooler

Any idea on the models? Or so long ago its just slipped from memory/hard copy.

Nukem - Yeah I know I can pretty much get any case and dampen it myself, trying to find stuff that will work well out of the box.
If it is a flop though thanks for the link, will know where to go to shore up the weak spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom