800 Dollar Build, Quick reviews please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so you think the xfx is the better deal?

also, what's the catch with the 560 ti for 10 dollars more? I feel like there has to be one :whistle:

If money was no issue.... Amazon.com: X3 1600-WATT Modular Psu: Electronics

>:D

Normally I just take a junk power supply from a junk comp at the school I work at or out of my personal heap of junk at home and use that in a comp. Unless you are doin 5000000 lights, SLI, SCSI/RAID, 1024+ mb gpu, 4.7 ghz of processor, blah blah blah, go for something that doesn't burn your money all the time.

Then again corsair and X-3..... <3 Idk, in my opinion I have no issue with simple, 450-680 watt PSU's. Depends on what you want to accomplish.

What are the specs of your dream box anyways?

EDIT: just curious

...so you think the xfx is the better deal?

also, what's the catch with the 560 ti for 10 dollars more? I feel like there has to be one :whistle:
Corsair is the better deal, less expensive and semi-modular, plus its a Corsair...

The GTX 560 Ti is $25 more after rebates applied to both cards, $40 more up-front.

Okay, thanks to some suggestions here, I have come up with another (hopefully the last) build. This time I upgraded the gpu to an evga gtx 560ti (2 year parts and labor warranty) and to compensate for the extra power I found a corsair psu at 650w at the same price as the 550w one (weird I know). I'm not sure why this is...I noticed that the 650w one is not modular, but I'll deal with the pain of tidying up the cables if it means saving 20 dollars.
Long story short:
secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=18782072

Comes out to be about 795 after rebates and discounts.

Amazed that it came out to the same total as before after upgrading the MB, PSU, GPU.

BTW, The 560Ti can run fine on a 500W, so that 550W Corsair will work as well.

Truth, I'm certainly happy I came here first.

Would you go with the 550w then in my situation? Is sacrificing the wattage worth avoiding the hassle of a non-modular PSU?

With that case, the modular psu will help as you can remove unneed cables to keep things clean and better air flow to keep things cool.

Hmmmm, it's a toss up honestly, as the 550W will power 90% of peoples computers, the 650W gives the same but more wiggle room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom