Just Wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapthemonkey55

Beta member
So I'm just wondering...I'm replacing my old Sony VAIO that has a 1st generation 1.8 Ghz P4 and a Gig of RDRAM (I think, not sure. It's 3 years old, and hasn't been that great a computer since I got it). I'm stepping up to a 3.0 Ghz P4 w/HT and a Gig of PC3200 RAM. I don't do much gaming, but I runs lots of programs at once. How much difference am I going to notice?

Unless your programs are heavy into graphics (doubt it--being non-gaming)...I'd think it'd be a considerable difference, though, a personal opinion if you haven't bought it yet: test out an AMD within the price range of that board:) I've found them (for some odd reason) to be a bit better...as I said...personal opinion, I'm sure tons believe otherwise:)
-X

slapthemonkey55 said:
I don't do much gaming, but I runs lots of programs at once. How much difference am I going to notice?
You might want to have a look at what avalable Intel Centrino. One of the advantages is that they have are tweaked for Mobility.
- Battery power
- And wireless

Re: Re: Just Wondering...

Harper said:
You might want to have a look at what avalable Intel Centrino. One of the advantages is that they have are tweaked for Mobility.
- Battery power
- And wireless

Thanks, but this is for a desktop. Don't want a laptop.

I tend to lean towrad AMD also for price vrs Speed. AMD burns hotter
so you have to be carefull to keep it cleaned out blow the dust out every 6 monthe or so.

Personally, I don't see the Intel vs. AMD debate as that big of deal. Its not like the ATI vs. Nvidia debate where one of the brands totally dominates the other. Either way, AMD or Intel, you are getting a good CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom