Upgrading Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it is a dedicated card, it can still be part of the motherboard. About the only way you can be sure is if you open it up.

Typically, only the $1,000+ have removable video cards, but not always.

Just to ask, why do you want to change out the GFX?

Your Acer Aspire AS7750G-6854 has an integrated GPU.
AMD Radeon

Edit: I believe it is actually a chip as MOM says, but I do not think that it's considered upgradeable or changeable as AMD describes it as such "Cutting-edge integrated display support"
It seems that AMD considers it integrated, it is likely non removable even if it's in a socket of some sort.

Even though it is a dedicated card, it can still be part of the motherboard. About the only way you can be sure is if you open it up.

Typically, only the $1,000+ have removable video cards, but not always.

Just to ask, why do you want to change out the GFX?

I was wanting to be able to play some more graphic intensive games and I don't have room to get a desktop.

Was hoping to only spend like 800 bucks but i guess im going to have to spring for the more expensive laptops

Are you sure that you don't have room for a laptop?
A desktop will blow away most laptops in the same price range in terms of gaming performance.
If there's any way you can find room for a desktop, and you don't need a laptop for portability, I recommend you get a desktop.

Well this year I don't need mobility but I am going to college next semester and I will need a laptop for my classes.
But i might be able to get a small netbook or a tablet for classes. What do you recommend for a desktop for like 600-800 bucks?

Would it be cheaper to just build my own? Haven't built a pc for at least a few years so i am sure they make it alot harder.

What Ghost said above, build it yourself. It's actually gotten easier. All you have to do is make sure the pieces work together.

Sweet I might just do that then. Probably my last question, where should I get my parts? Newegg? Tiger Direct? or should I just shop around at different places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom