Laptop fps issue / 100% GPU usage / need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devinwesolowski

Baseband Member
Alrighty, this forums has always been my place of refuge, and im hoping someone here knows what my problem is. ive asked countless people over the years and nothing seems to work.

My problem is when i play games on my laptop like world of warcraft my FPS is very volatile, the lagg is wierd. for example: ill get 5 seconds of a good 25 fps followed by 15 seconds of bad 7-12fps. I downloaded some TuneUp utilities that cleared out all the junk and gave me alot of recommendations to increase performance which i did do.

I also downloaded Process Explorer which is like a more detailed task manager. When i play WoW my GPU literally reaches 100% which im being told is bad.

Bottom line, why is my GPU at 100% when i play my game?, why do i get a low frame rate when my internet connection is fine, and my laptop is clean.

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.110622-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron N7010
BIOS: Ver 1.00 BIOS A07 PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5940MB RAM
Page File: 1694MB used, 10184MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_04571028&REV_18
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO109E
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.284Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2104 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2104
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2010 09:47:00, 6534144 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4306-11CF-A07B-5D24B8C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0046
SubSys ID: 0x04571028
Revision ID: 0x0018
Driver Strong Name: oem54.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iILKM0:8.15.10.2104:pci\ven_8086&dev_0046&subsys_04571028
Rank Of Driver: 00E60001

Please someone get back to me, im sure alot of this info is useless but hopefully some of it isnt

if you open the task manager how much processes it shows ? youre specs are good and alot better than my asus but it runs better ... emn , bios update ? maybe send to mainteance ? or maybe it´s just because graphics card ? wrong drivers ? there could be alot of issues , hope its useful ! ;)

100% GPU usage is not bad. That's how people do stress tests. As long as your temperature stays in a safe zone, you have nothing to worry about.

Is the Intel HD Graphics the 3000 version? If so, that shouldn't be a problem. However, if you have the lesser version, yea, it is your GFX that isn't powerful enough.

Well heres the thing neither me or my friend could find out how to tell what my graphics card was, BUT now that the topic is up, my laptop does tend to randomly shut off after maybe like 10-15 hour days of use. i take it as it "overheated" and i just turn it back on and get back into the game because when it overheats i tend to be in a graphics heavy situation in the game. So maybe it is my graphics card.. Sadly the last time i was here i wasn't able to find much info on it then either lol :L

I did have a comcast guy come to my house monday though to fix my black box with all the like 8 blinky lights. They said over the phone when i first called the problem was the inbound or signal coming in to me that was slow, would that cause fps issues?

Regardless, he did fix what he came to fix supposedly and he set up my brand new wireless thing that looked to be of good quality, i havnt been home this week to see if the FPS is any better on the new connections but tomarrow night ill be able to test it.

Wow thats cool.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Graphics card.

Now what can you tell me? o.o comparing it to your 3000, its alot higher then i had expected..

Edit: all my info is there right after i click the link right? its really hard to tell if that stuff was all an example

How is your temps when playing games?

Get HWMonitor and leave it running when you play your games. After you start getting the lag, bring up HWMonitor again, and give us a screenshot of it.

will have the screenshot at about 11-12 tonight when i play my game, thats when everything gets heavy and laggy.

here are what i got, was hard to take the screenshot during the game because i cant really stop doing what im doing to take it or i die lol.

edit: arg idk how to upload the pic right now FTL i have it saved i just dont know wtf to do to get it on here its 2:54am im to tired to think please tell me and i will do it ASAP, likely as soon as i wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom