Not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
ok i built my computer about a year ago.. and ever since ive had Windows XP Pro installed... but ever since ive built my computer my USB ports won't work... is this because i do not have SP1 or SP2 installed? everything else works but my USB ports. it's just im on 56k and i cant really download it. and dont want to spend 189 bucks upgradeing Windows XP pro SP2.

Anyone heard of your USB ports not working cause of not having SP2?

What USB ports are you talking about? The kind you have to wire to the front of your case? If you are talking about those, you should double check the way you have them hooked up. It is easy to plug the wires into the motherboard incorrectly.

USB ports im talking about are all of them.. the built in Case USB's the Motherboard USB's 2.0 and the PCI 2.0 USB's they wont work and they are hook up correctly. but when i install the USB for the motherboard i do get errors and they don't sucessful install the USB ports... it comes up with a open window trying to find the File "SP1" but it dont make since why it needs a Service Pack just for my USB's to work.

you can check if you had your usb ports enabled in BIOS SETUP of your mainboard !

login in your BIOS setup, enable USB Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom