New GTX 470 passes OC scanner and plays mafiaII fine, but freezes entire computer on battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I purchased a second EVGA GTX 470 off a user on another forum. When I use the card in either SLI or alone, battlefield 3 freezes my entire PC when I get into a server or a single player mission finishes loading. With my old card, it works perfect. This card passed OC scanner (65c @70% fan speed) with no artifacts at stock settings and worked fine. It even runs Mafia II no problem just as my other card did. Just for some reason, this card locks up on battlefield 3. I have tried many different drivers and it still does not work. Is there something wrong with the card do you guys think?
I appreciate the help, thanks everyone.

I purchased a second EVGA GTX 470 off a user on another forum. When I use the card in either SLI or alone, battlefield 3 freezes my entire PC when I get into a server or a single player mission finishes loading. With my old card, it works perfect. This card passed OC scanner (65c @70% fan speed) with no artifacts at stock settings and worked fine. It even runs Mafia II no problem just as my other card did. Just for some reason, this card locks up on battlefield 3. I have tried many different drivers and it still does not work. Is there something wrong with the card do you guys think?
I appreciate the help, thanks everyone.

So, you mean to tell us your new card locks up on battlefield 3 ?
Did battlefield ask for any prerequisites before installing to adjust to your new card ?
Check and see if vsync maybe enabled and turned it off and put your resolution at something abit smaller.

When was the last time that guy checked his grease underneath the fan ?
If its been about a year I would give it some new paste and see what happens.

It is a brand new RMA'd card. I have tried changing settings and it still just freezes, but only with his card. Just ran kombuster and it had no issues, just bf3

Hmm, I see what you mean by -refurbished-, if everything else works fine on it...
The only way to be sure its not the card is to test it on another computer with battle field 3, if it plays fine, something maybe up with your system.
If its the same problem, I would consider calling the manufacturer tomorrow and give them the model number and expain to them whats going on.

They might have a answer or might not, if it won't work on battle field, just knuckle down for now and forget it.

I'm sorry your having that issue, but thats all I got for you for now, I think mguire and a few others here may have some input on your situation.

Take care for now.

Hmm, I see what you mean by -refurbished-, if everything else works fine on it...
The only way to be sure its not the card is to test it on another computer with battle field 3, if it plays fine, something maybe up with your system.
If its the same problem, I would consider calling the manufacturer tomorrow and give them the model number and expain to them whats going on.

They might have a answer or might not, if it won't work on battle field, just knuckle down for now and forget it.

I'm sorry your having that issue, but thats all I got for you for now, I think mguire and a few others here may have some input on your situation.

Take care for now.

Unfortunately I am away at school and have no way of testing it elsewhere :/ I called EVGA support and after trying many things, they sent me a new BIOS to flash the card, but I am still having the same issue!

Unfortunately I am away at school and have no way of testing it elsewhere :/ I called EVGA support and after trying many things, they sent me a new BIOS to flash the card, but I am still having the same issue!

Then we'll try the next best thing there is, get on your knees, cry like a baby to evga, to fix the thing or replace it. :D
Even if you are not under warrenty, they can still fix it for you, if the repair price seems fair to what they offer you, have them replace it and get registered with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom