nothing fancy just help with something basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithy351

Beta member
Hello everyone, i have come here in search of some advice, after a recent power storm my old computer fried itself, everything died on it except the HDD so i need something cheap to get me back up again, ive got $350 on just the computer only (so not including software and external hardwear ie monitor, keyboard ect).... Since the tower and hdd is fine i want to use that in this build to keep cost down so here is what i was thinking: oh and to quickly add primary use is mild gaming so games like age of empires is about as extreme as i will get. Alot of movie watching, basic photoshop, and every day computer use ie browsing internet, doing university homework and things like that.

Video card: 1GB 6670
ram: 8gig ram (its the same price as 4gig so i go for)
icon_cool.gif

motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M-LX DDR3 Intel 1155pin Motherboard
PSU: Antec VP-450P PSU
CPU: intel i3 2100
case: old one at home
HDD: 250gig internal that i already have and a 2TB external HDD

so this is it, total is $334, i am buying all my stuff from this store as its cheapest in australia

MSY Online

If you think i should change some things then please comment and suggest otherwise if i can get something better from that store but im not willing to spend more then $350

could really use some help here before i commit

If all you're doing is getting a system back up, then this should be fine. The 1155 socket MoBo will make it that much easier to upgrade the CPU, although I'm worried about the H61 chipset...

If you're going to play something like Age of Empires on a GDDR5 vid card, why not spend the extra $20-30 on a GTX 460? Or if you really like Radeon, get like a good Radeon HD 6800 series vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom