What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

A four-pack of rechargeable 2450mAh Duracells from Amazon. When I lent a 360 controller to my friend he chucked the batteries out wen they died, not realising they were fancy rechargeables :(

How comes you use rechargeable batteries over packs designed for the controller, do they last longer or is it so you can use the batteries for other things aswell? a couple of my battery packs have stopped working after about 3-4 years so if its a lot better i may pick rechargeable batteries up instead rather than the packs designed for the controller.

edit: yeah they last longer my battery packs are only 1600mAh

1) In my five years of owning a 360 I've had three or four of the official rechargeable battery packs, and they all died within a year. This happened to all my friends' ones as well.
2) The batteries in the battery pack are just standard 2100mAh batteries, so my batteries last a good 10% longer or more, and...
3) My batteries are cheaper (£6 for a four-pack) compared to the tenner (I think) for a battery pack which only contains two.
4) The battery pack can only be used in one specific device, whereas mine are just standard AA's and so can be used in anything that takes AA's.

The only advantage the battery pack is, is that it can be charged while playing thanks to the cable (I tried charging my batteries with the cable, didn't work).

I have two packs, one actually failed in a BAD way, thankfully it didn't damage the controller. The other older pack has lasted since I purchased my console in like, 2007-2008.

I still use my original one since about 2 months after UK launch in 2006. Works fine. Though my xbox often goes months unused, and then a new exclusive game will come out for it and it'll get raped about 100hours a month.

Just bought SSX deadly descents for £9, kind of. It should be £38 but I got £14 off and sister is putting £15 towards it (Its the one and only game series she likes).

I know of at least ten that didn't last more than two years... they just hold no charge at all. Plus some where the clasp broke, but that's unrelated.

I've always been terrible at the BF series, especially with BF3. Just can't get used to it. Much prefer CSS, SWBF, etc.
Guess my main gripe is in BF3 you can't see anyone lol, they're all just god damn invisible. Sneak along the edge of the map, bam suddenly dead from this guy who's popped outta nowhere. Go full garry down the middle, dead in 2 seconds. Go sniper and prone on this little hidden bushy area, bam sniped by someone on the opposite side of the world. Rage quit.

Back
Top Bottom