New 960t in a asrock 970 extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Got this rig in the mail today, paired it with a gtx460 for now. Put it in a NZXT m59, amazing rig so far. Overclocked to 3.5ghz already, 1.3v only still and was wondering if anyone had good combos for ~4ghz clocks that I can try out. Also, it has unlocked to 6 cores, great xD
Will the extra 2 cores effect my overclock? Better to run 4 or 6 cores to achieve a better overclock is what im getting at.

Depends on heat and cooling. Also have to remember that those cores were chosen to be disabled for a reason so high overclocks probably wont be rock solid with them enabled.

I just picked up some AS5, gunna throw my old xigamatek 92mm Rifle cooler on, which kept my 4000+ brissy <45C at all overclocks I could even get to boot. This 960t is running pretty hot with the amd heatsink, figures, hits about 55c @ 3.5ghz and 1.3v. Im going to go for 3.8 tonight after this c++ data structures exam (ugh) and once I get that xigamatek cooler on there.

Also, Ive herd nothing but good things about the corsair prefilled watercooling kits, I may go with the h100 eventually since this NZXT m59 has a perfect top mount for a 120x240mm radiator.

Sitting at 4.0ghz now, NB at 2870mhz, ram at 1640mhz. Pretty satisfied, hitting 58-59C max. Those will drop once I get two top mount 140mms for the M59.

I also had a 960T and unlocked to 6 cores (amd phenom II X6 1605T after unlock) and it is running at 4.1ghz. I am using the Coolermaster V8 cooler and it runs around 32C

You got all 6 cores to 4.1ghz? Whats your overclock specs - cpu-NB voltage, NB and HTspeeds, cpu voltage, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom