building new gaming PC need some help on parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwngoating

Solid State Member
hi guys i am considering building a gaming pc with the following specs:

CASE: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Black SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (doesnt have to exactly that one..but its something i found)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
CPU COOLER: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
MEMORY: Pareema 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MD316C81611L2
GPU: EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
PSU: Sunbeam PSU-ECO750-US-BL 750W ATX12V 2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM
MB: ASRock P67 PRO3 SE LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I don't believe i am missing anything else..if i am please let me know! I plan to pretty much just game on this comp, looking to play World of Warcraft on ULTRA, SWTOR on ULTRA, and TERA on ULTRA. will this suffice nicely? I debated changing my CPU to the i7 2600k but heard that the "upgrade" doesnt really affect the gaming performance. thanks to all who can help me i am new in this department but will have help actually building it :)

TIA

BTW all of this on newegg totals to about 900$. i would consider that good for the parts

a couple tweaks, but for the most part you did great.

number one, the thing screaming at me the most is the powersupply... simply wont fly... a good power supply is just as good as any other component in a computer and cannot be over looked or skimped on. the power suppl you chose isnt a name brand PSU, id recommend one from Corsair. like this one:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

second, the thing screaming at me the second most is the Ram... for a few more dollars, this is a lot better:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B

other than that you did good :thumbsup:

Thanks a ton for a quick reply :) wouldnt mind at all changing those 2 things. I'm I missing anything? I will get win7 64 bit when I get my system. And do you reckon I will be able to play those games and most if not all new games on max settings no problem? Thanks again

the other things i would change is the Motherboard, not really a fan of AsRock, id go with MSI p67a-gd55 motherboard...

and for a little bit more money id get a corsair A70 heat sink... its only like $12 more than the infamous hyper 212 plus and itll get you that little extra edge you need to push your processor that extra few mhz...

this system will run even the most demanding games at max everything at around 50fps. tweak the settings to optimize your hard ware, like turn AA down a notch and youll be looking at about 65fps on demanding games. the games you are looking to play id say youll be at LEAST 80fps at everything MAXED out.

the other things i would change is the Motherboard, not really a fan of AsRock, id go with MSI p67a-gd55 motherboard...

and for a little bit more money id get a corsair A70 heat sink... its only like $12 more than the infamous hyper 212 plus and itll get you that little extra edge you need to push your processor that extra few mhz...

this system will run even the most demanding games at max everything at around 50fps. tweak the settings to optimize your hard ware, like turn AA down a notch and youll be looking at about 65fps on demanding games. the games you are looking to play id say youll be at LEAST 80fps at everything MAXED out.

perfect then it sounds like a good set up. Just to be sure then is everything compatible?

the ONLY difference between the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k is that the i7 has Hyper threading ( and the i7 as a higher factory overclock ), turn hyper threading off in the bios of a i7 2600k and you have a 2500k. The reason hyper threading doesnt benefit us gamers is because even the most modern game can only utilize 3 cores of a processor, i think BF3 might be the first game that can use all 4 cores, but dont quote me on that. Anyway, in short, games dont benefit from hyper threading. If you were doing video encoding/editing, then the i7 2600k is the processor for you. ;)

the ONLY difference between the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k is that the i7 has Hyper threading ( and the i7 as a higher factory overclock ), turn hyper threading off in the bios of a i7 2600k and you have a 2500k. The reason hyper threading doesnt benefit us gamers is because even the most modern game can only utilize 3 cores of a processor, i think BF3 might be the first game that can use all 4 cores, but dont quote me on that. Anyway, in short, games dont benefit from hyper threading. If you were doing video encoding/editing, then the i7 2600k is the processor for you. ;)

thanks! So the i5 2500k will be more than good for me :) I do want to ask if newer games will start to require i7 CPUs rather than i5 CPUs. I feel like getting the i5 2500k is like the minimum but only because it's an i5..but this CPU is more than really good am I correct?

thanks! So the i5 2500k will be more than good for me :) I do want to ask if newer games will start to require i7 CPUs rather than i5 CPUs. I feel like getting the i5 2500k is like the minimum but only because it's an i5..but this CPU is more than really good am I correct?

forgot to mention its a sandy bridge CPU which I guess is much better than just a 2500k non sandy bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom