Constant reboots, overheating, display driver failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the fan the wrong direction could cause an overheat I think, that's blowing up instead of down....or if your cpu fan is not plugged into the cpu fan header (system fan header by mistake) the board might get a false signal and shut down too

I agree with joe on the bottom of his post, if your mother board is quickly shutting down due to overheat.
Shine some light over your motherboard and see where your intel fan 3 pin wires are going.
If its going down to sys_fan, there goes problem number 1.
If not make sure the fan is centered correctly, any cpu fan wire that has twist a long way to fit or wrongly, you'll probably have it on backwards.

Its a small mistake even I make from time to time, but I can easily correct it by seating right.

JoeC you got your first rep coming man. ;)

Having the fan the wrong direction could cause an overheat I think, that's blowing up instead of down....or if your cpu fan is not plugged into the cpu fan header (system fan header by mistake) the board might get a false signal and shut down too

I don't understand - will rotating the cpu fan a quarter-turn counterclockwise change the direction that the fan is blowing?

I replaced the MoBo battery and it seems to work fine for now. I'll be away from my PC for the weekend, but if I come back and this keeps happening I'll post back here.

Thanks for all your help!

If your heatsink is a original intel lga 775 one, not that much, but if you are using a aftermarket one with a heatsink standing tall and blowing to the right or left side of the case it does matter.

When you turn off your pc open up your case and see how humid it is, if it is mild cool temp in it and your components are not too hot, your doing everything fine/
If your system is hot and the heatsink is facing the wrong way and blowing on the system fans case, yeah, it will get hot and problems might arise from it eventually.

Well, it powers on now, but it still occasionally shuts off in the middle of powering on. Still gives me that beeping code and still says it shut down due to a thermal heating event. The cpu fan/heatsink appears to be the standard Intel one.

My friend's worried that it might be bent. How would I check?

Here's what I got:

PCtemp.jpg

I'm not really sure why the screenshot is displaying in such an ugly color, it looks fine in my documents.

Have you physically inspected your cpu? I say that because I had an old 2500 barton cpu that was o/c'd at one time and left a burn mark on the pin side of the chip below the processor. The pc would boot up but shut down and will only run now if it's under clocked to about half of it's rated speed.
Just another idea of something to check out, a partially damaged cpu might be an issue too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom