monitor laptops battery temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

artofshred87

Solid State Member
i just bought a laptop battery on ebay from a top seller that had good feedback on battery chargers and stuff like that, but no reviews on the batteries or maybe i didnt read that far in anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew a good low resource program that can give detailed battery info and monitor its temp. i came across battery bar but wasnt to impressed.

So you already bought it? There isn't really any software that gives battery info other than what Window gives you. The only sure way is if you used a multimeter.

Who did you buy from? I always get it from ones that say 1 year warranty, so if it is a bum, they can replace it for you, normally just shipping back to them.

yes i already bought it, seems legit so far i got about 2-3 hrs battery life. i just want to make sure it does not heat up i read something somewhere about bogus batteries from ebay catching fire so i was curious.

Everything in your laptop is a possibility to heat. It is the very nature of the laptop. About the only way you can tell is if you have a mechanical temp sensor on it. I bought several batteries from there and had no problems. Of course, I researched them before I bought.

Any battery can blow up or catch fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom