Its That Time Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright. Last question (I hope) is a 6 core overly ambitious? Is it worth getting or should I just get a 4 core? I dont really need 18 Gigs RAM so I am only gonna get 8 for now and upgrade again later if I need to. The MOBO looks good. All I am hung up on is if the CPU is overkill

Well most games dont really benefit much from 6 cores AFAIK, someone more knowledgeable can confirm. But it doesnt hurt to have 6 core, future proofing and editing may benefit from it??(not to sure).

yeah, how were you going to do 18 gig ram with 4x 4gig?? lol. 16 gig ram isnt really needed seeing as though in your other thread you said you were only messing around with editing not doing anything too serious.

Except for the most recent games, as Skryim, they don't utilize all 4 cores. I don't think they go above 4 Cores. So yeah, kind of a waste until games are programmed to use more, which may be awhile.

8Gb is plenty.

Math has never been my strong suit haha. So final verdict is

CPU: Micro Center - AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition 3GHz Quad Core Socket AM3 Boxed Processor 186932 Unless someone has a better one?

MOBO: Newegg.com - ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Unless someone has a better one?

GFX: Possibly the 560 GTX but honestly I dont think I need anything quite so hardcore.

honeslty I thought it was 1600. The only reason I chose that over the ones you put up (which I considered too) was because the other was suggested for high performance or gaming.

And I need a HDMI port. I know the 560 has a mini HDMI. Idk the difference really

honeslty I thought it was 1600. The only reason I chose that over the ones you put up (which I considered too) was because the other was suggested for high performance or gaming.

And I need a HDMI port. I know the 560 has a mini HDMI. Idk the difference really

There is no difference in quality, mini hdmi is just a smaller hdmi slot.

so i would have to get a mini hdmi - hdmi cable. okay. I think I got everything answered now. If i need something else you will prolly see me again :p

That's a marketing scheme. They even have ones that say to work with i5 and i7. In reality, you can use them on any system. The only real world difference is the heatspreader. It's the same stuff underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom