$200 to spend.... what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I dont have enough money for that, I'm definatly sticking to this MoBo.... any other suggestions :)

Well you could get the 9800 Pro its 200 bucks for the 128mb, if you plan on getting the 9800 pro make sure you are buying the 256bit and not the 128bit. Your second option is wait and get a 6600GT for AGP. It will be a lot better than the 9800 Pro but you will just have to wait a little longer. Oh yeah in my latest CPU mag. (Computer Power User) Their predictions in middle of 2005 is goign to be 512mb ram for video cards, dual core processors etc.... So maybe you should wait a little bit until then and save up and get a really nice computer that you will really enjoy. The only down side is the waiting part;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

But if you read my posts you will see that I'm not looking to buy a new video card, I already have a 256mb card! I'm looking into buying a new CPU because mine is crappy! and possibly more ram..

Thanks!

hate to tell ya but the 6600 with 256 will blow away a 9600 256, even a nice 9800 would be considerably better than your card, its not all about the amount of ram, the core speed and the speed of the memory itself is also a huge factor in the speed of the card.

tOny mOnt4n4 said:
hate to tell ya but the 6600 with 256 will blow away a 9600 256, even a nice 9800 would be considerably better than your card, its not all about the amount of ram, the core speed and the speed of the memory itself is also a huge factor in the speed of the card.

Yeah because most games are 95 percent video card related. If you want to applications etc... get a better cpu. If you dont feel like getting another video card because you just bought that one.. why dont you just sell it and it will give you another step to getting a 6600GT

I know, but not with Source Engine.... Source Engine's physics is what is slowing my computer down... NOT the graphics.

Well I never played cs source yet. I play cs for about two years and never got the chance to try out source. Is it pretty cool?

hmmm...i get 99% when playing the old CS....and I have a P4 2.8ghz

you sure that means your CPU sucks? cause mine's fine and i can minimize with games on and still do stuff. no lag in game or out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom