Adding Firewire???? Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyreson662

Beta member
I have a Toshiba satellite c655 that lacks firewire ports. I was wondering if there is any way to add one? I have a canon gl1 camcorder and need to upload video and the only option is via firewire. I purchased a firewire to usb cable but the computer doesn't find the camera. Plz HELP!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Nope,.

Firewire to USB doesn't exist - sorry. You got hosed, that cable you bought is a scam. They are two completely separate technologies and the only way to get them to work together is to convert it either through an external converter or a PCI card. A cable that just has the firewire and usb cable on it won't do a damn thing - sorry.

I went through this same thing, i have a handycam and the only thing it uses is firewire. You are SOL, you need to get a PC that has the port already installed or purchase a PCI or media expansion card that has that port.

Nope,.

Firewire to USB doesn't exist - sorry. You got hosed, that cable you bought is a scam. They are two completely separate technologies and the only way to get them to work together is to convert it either through an external converter or a PCI card. A cable that just has the firewire and usb cable on it won't do a damn thing - sorry.

I went through this same thing, i have a handycam and the only thing it uses is firewire. You are SOL, you need to get a PC that has the port already installed or purchase a PCI or media expansion card that has that port.

Whats the external converter?? My laptop has no expansion! Is it possible to open it up and remove a usb and add firewire or something?

Don't you have like a SD card in it or anything?

Think the best you can do is use it on a desktop. Most boards will have the internal connector for it. But firewire pretty much died with Vista.

Don't you have like a SD card in it or anything?

Think the best you can do is use it on a desktop. Most boards will have the internal connector for it. But firewire pretty much died with Vista.

No its just dv tape. Yeah its looking like my only option is gunna be putting together a desktop computer with a firewire card!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom