Asus laptop overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

asusk53e

Solid State Member
Hello , I want to overclock my laptops graphics card but i don´t know how , i have tried a lot of programs but nothing seems to be working for me but also i don´t have too much knowledge about computers ,just a little above average , so i thought that somebody could help me with my problem .
I want to play Battlefield 3 but system requirementslab said it wont run , but it said the same to Dirt, Dirt 2 , Far Cry 2 , CODMW and they all worked but for some it told the game will run great but just doesn´t , so i cant trust it ..
All my WEI scores are 5,9 but the windows aero performance is dragging it down to 4,6

System specs.

Asus K53e
Intel (R) Pentium (R) b940 dual core @2.00 Ghz
Intel Hd Graphics family
Ram 4 Gb DDR3
HDD 500 Gb
Running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Dude I have almost the same laptop as you, Asus Pentium 3 2.3ghz, 4gb Ram, Integrated intel graphics and your not going to be able to play any of those games. Maybe on really low but it will look terrible and still wont run very smooth. The best games you will be able to play are source engine games (Half life 2, counter strike source, TF2) but even those only run well on low.

udpdating all the drivers makes mircales ;) because dirt 2 and far cry 2 had really good graphich when i played it , but what windows do you have ? all the updates are done ? ... thing is on todays processors/graph cards amount of Ghz/Gb´s doesn´t really matter all that much .. it matters what you do with them ..you could have a pentium 4 running on 4-5 Gh but i dont think it would beat i3 or i5 on 3Ghz .. much as i know about the overclocking part of an intel processor is that there is actually a program for that just not for my Asus :(

You cant overclock your cpu on a laptop, it would get extremely hot anyway. You can do software level overclocking but its very limited and very unstable

My laptop never gets hot actually , even not warm or anything .. i only need 10 - 15 % more power so heat woulnt be any problem anyway.. but what do you mean software level overclocking ? sorry if a dumb question but assistance of anykind would be very helpful ! ;)

True overclocking, the most common fashion of doing it and most stable, is done through the computer bios settings on the motherboard. On custom builds motherboards have a bios that has features for overclocking, asus laptops do not. Software level overclocking would be using a program in your operating system to manipulate the voltages and clock speeds of your processor and/or graphics processor. However, software overclocking is less stable, an unstable system being one prone to crashing programs, blue screen of deathing, etc. under heavy loads on the cpu.

Rep if i helped

My laptop never gets hot actually , even not warm or anything .. i only need 10 - 15 % more power so heat woulnt be any problem anyway.. but what do you mean software level overclocking ? sorry if a dumb question but assistance of anykind would be very helpful ! ;)

What are your idle and load temps?
And what program are you using?

an unstable system being one prone to crashing programs, blue screen of deathing, etc. under heavy loads on the cpu.

Rep if i helped

Wouldn't that be blue screen of dieing? :lol:

@OP: No matter what your idle temps are, OCing takes a bit more to run. More power that your system can't take. The little that you could gain is minimal. If, at all.

Problem solved ! :p actually didn´t need no overclock , downloaded Gamebooster and Crysis 2 works perefect at almost Max settings , tried whitout it and i had a huge lag even in minimum settings so it sure works for me , thank you all thought ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom