please check my corsair H60 hydro cooler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forgot to mention that i live in Florida and i don't have the ac on if that matters i remember reading somewhere that it does.
as long as my cpu don't catch on fire or anything lol im good. i also think my rampage 3 mobo auto overclocks if that matters but i do want to overclock to 4.0 ghz with my SSD it should be a notable speed increase. what you thinks?

have the pump plugged into anywhere that its going to run at 100% all the time. it wouldn't be good if your firmware was adjusting the speed of your pump, which it thinks is a heatsink fan

I wouldn't directlty plug the pump into a non regulated power set. Having a pump frun 24/7 will wear it out.

Plus it'll be loud.

Putting the fan on a psu 4pin or fan header would be the smart thing.

Run ibt, intel burn test.

Currently my 950 @ 4.0ghz is folding at 100% cpu and has been at 71C for 20 days straight with a noctua nh-12 push pull setup.

I also found at stock speed/Vcore it was to much Vcore and turned it down.
A pump being regulated that isn't meant to be will wear it out quicker. These Corsair pumps aren't noisy at all really. Both my Noctua fans are more noisy than the pump itself full out and I'm guessing the H60 will be more refined than mine. In the end it really doesn't matter that much anyways.

My 2c, leave the fans in push pull in the back and your temps look moderately ok with that setup. These little cooler aren't really meant for heat monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom