CPU fan error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the bios temperature is 43 degrees C max. I am not sure if that is high or no... for a i7.

There is one case fan...(I am not good when it comes to plugging in/out the wires):doh:

Edit: I believe that this computer is overclocked (Is there a way to find out?), would that affect anything to the temperatures?

Ok so the bios temperature is 43 degrees C max. I am not sure if that is high or no... for a i7.

There is one case fan...(I am not good when it comes to plugging in/out the wires):doh:

Edit: I believe that this computer is overclocked (Is there a way to find out?), would that affect anything to the temperatures?

If the temp for your i7 is at 43c and holding steady its good for now.
If you think you maybe overclocked, go back inside your bios and see if anything notes it being pushed passed its default clock speed.
If you can reset your bios to minimal settings and save it, check your bios hardware mamangement and make sure everything is good.
Reboot and go back to bios, if you see your default speed and your cpu holding 43c or below, you have nothing more to worry about.

Keep an eye on your cpu cores tempature, if it starts going passed 60c and starts to reach 90c, do not risk it and just shut it off and come back here for help or call intel directly.

Core i7's i5's and i3's can only withstand a high heat of 110.

If the temp for your i7 is at 43c and holding steady its good for now.
If you think you maybe overclocked, go back inside your bios and see if anything notes it being pushed passed its default clock speed.
If you can reset your bios to minimal settings and save it, check your bios hardware mamangement and make sure everything is good.
Reboot and go back to bios, if you see your default speed and your cpu holding 43c or below, you have nothing more to worry about.

Keep an eye on your cpu cores tempature, if it starts going passed 60c and starts to reach 90c, do not risk it and just shut it off and come back here for help or call intel directly.

Core i7's i5's and i3's can only withstand a high heat of 110.

I believe his i7 can become damaged at 67.9°C
Intel® Core

Edit: hmm, I'm not so sure about that now. The Tcase seems to be the max temperature for the center of the heatspreader, while temp monitoring programs monitor the cores thermal sensor.
What is Tcase VS Tjunction? - Yahoo! Answers

I believe his i7 can become damaged at 67.9°C
Intel® Core

Edit: hmm, I'm not so sure about that now. The Tcase seems to be the max temperature for the center of the heatspreader, while temp monitoring programs monitor the cores thermal sensor.
What is Tcase VS Tjunction? - Yahoo! Answers

:D heh, not quite man, we both we're little off the mark.
Core i7 high temperature - CPUs - CPU-Components
That should explain how high it will get though if it reaches 100c he needs to shut it down and seek help.
If your curious though phenom's and athlons can only withstand a heat of 90c.
After that, if your motherboard has a alarm build in it will sound like car alarm system from a mercedes and just shut itself down to prevent damage.
Scared the hell out of me and a close neighbor of mine last year. #_#

The cpu idle is 45-46 degrees now in bios (computer been turned on almost 12 hours now.)

I went to bios, I don't see anything about the clock speed. However, There is an option that states;

CPU level: [Auto], [i7 975-3.30] [i7-crazy]

and the CPU level is set to [Auto]

Is there any other way to check of its OC?

Should I just bring my computer to the repair shop and ask to change my heatsink? Or is there a way to fix it without costing me.

The cpu idle is 45-46 degrees now in bios (computer been turned on almost 12 hours now.)

I went to bios, I don't see anything about the clock speed. However, There is an option that states;

CPU level: [Auto], [i7 975-3.30] [i7-crazy]

and the CPU level is set to [Auto]

Is there any other way to check of its OC?

Should I just bring my computer to the repair shop and ask to change my heatsink? Or is there a way to fix it without costing me.

Proivde me your motherboard model number and I'll look up the settings.
If you feel comfortable with changing your heatsink do so. :)
May I ask what size case you may have, if its a mid atx or normal atx tower case you should have some good options available to you.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included I7 i5 775 1155 AMD and dual fan push pull compatible
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Arctic Cooling MX-4 AC-MX4 4 gram (g) All-Around Thermal Compound
Even I use tuniq-x2 and x4, currently its not in stock by newegg for now.
That artic cooling thermal paste should work just as good if not better then tuniq.

Check google videos or youtube for install videos on this heatsink.

I don't know the model number but it is Asus Rampage Extreme III. As for the case, I believe its normal atx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom